Tell Merlin's Ear how you felt when Merlin ended

Re: Tell Merlin's Ear how you felt when Merlin ended

Postby Amberyl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:55 am

I just watched the finale two episodes earlier today. I have been sad ever since. It was so great in the last episode to see Arthur and Merlin interacting after Arthur knew (finally!) that Merlin had magic. I had hoped they would do that reveal at least half-way through the series that way we could at least see more of that. But as I watched the second to last episode I knew it wouldn't happen until the finale episode. Which was better than nothing, I suppose. But then to have Arthur die? The entire episode was just one big tear-jerker. It's sad enough knowing that Merlin will NEVER BE RETURNING to television. Did it have to end so sad on top of that? It doesn't feel like it's over now. Merlin always saves Arthur. I mean, we didn't even get the same closure that Merlin must have by seeing Arthur's body burn. I don't know about other fans but I keep thinking, what if they did that so they could later say that he's not really dead?
I know that most shows dive bomb once the characters finally get together or once the big reveal is, well, revealed. But I think this show could have shown so brightly, even after the big reveal. It had so much humor. And so much that Arthur had to learn about Merlin with magic. The dynamics between the two of them once Arthur realized that Merlin is just as (if not more) important and powerful as he. So SO much left to explore! And there could be tons more adventures to write in as a canvas for that exploration! Actual character growth took place and then it just... died.
I hope so much that the creator's of this show reconsider and make a season 6.
-Amberyl
Amberyl

Postby Merlin Amanda » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:19 am

Hi Amberyl oh my gosh the feels must be so raw still well my dear sorry to say 2 years on amd it still makes me cry. My biggest grudges are the fact they killed so many of the cast, Arthur could not utter one word to Morgana in their final scene and i was so hoping for this amazing Magic battle between Merlin and Morgana. The lorry scene was the cruelest thing of all. Damn those writers. But i do honestly believe they will make a Movie or even a Christmas Special. So keep your hopes up. And if you need us we are here and we all feel the same
Merlin Amanda

Postby aimeeevenstar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:51 pm

I agree with all the comments here! I'm really sorry for you Amberyl because you only just watched that last episode.

I watched the last episode on Xmas day and that was it for me. I was so upset. I couldn't believe they killed Arthur off like that ... yes okay he died at Camlaan.. but that was supposed to be later. Not when he was... what .. 24? The acting I agree was so amazing but I still can't bear to watch those last episodes. I won't.

We never got to see Merlin really using his magic, we never got to see Aithusa helping the Golden age of Albion and I don't want to see Arthur return in the 21st century! They'll turn it into another horrible guns, special effects and ugh story.

I want them to film a different end. that's all! I hope they make a Movie soon. Don't they listen to the fans? I reckon we need to just keep focusing on them making a Movie and never give up until they do!!!!
aimeeevenstar

Postby Amberyl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 pm

I agree! Have you read the idea on my blog yet? I am not sure how often friends here look at each other's profiles so I will just leave the address here too. If that is OK w the admins, that is? www.emrys-blog.tumblr.com I have a plan to get Merlin back in one way or another! I am asking for ideas on how to do it. It can be a short summary or a longer type fanfic. So far I have gotten 6 submissions in the last 48 hrs. I hope to have 100's come the month of December. I am going to mail the package to the BBC to show them how much Merlin is still loved and missed. Hopefully they will read all our thoughts and ideas and do something about it! Please join me in this endeavor! I will leave my email here too. lossofmerlin@outlook.com
Please let everyone you can know about this too. The more the word can spread the easier it will be to get more and more entries.
Because I don't know about you but I can't handle the way they ended the show! Something has to be done.
YF, Amb
-Amberyl
Amberyl

Postby Emrys » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:42 am

Hi Amb

Yes, great idea on the blog. It's fine to post iinks here on the forum. You can post your blog piece in The Merlin Scribe or just a link as some others have done. The More Merlin Project is totally committed to getting a Merlin Movie made and the body of representation out there on the net is evidence and supports that. I am going to post a section on the project so that those not yet familiar are aware.

Do come and hang out with us on the Forum when you can ~ it's a place where your feelings, thoughts and creative efforts are appreciated!
:)
Love is all there Is
Emrys
Site Admin

Postby Elsi Pospori » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Hello everyone i do remember as well how bad i felt when it ended.. I will never forget how this series became my salvation when i was so devastated from my life and i was in shock as well after watching the last episode. i just couldn't realize what just happened. it ruined my hopes it ruined all the good beliefs that born in me through the fights and the winnings the dangers and the success the hate and the power of love and loyalty.. As the merlin-friend said above " I feel like the end came much too abruptly and that there were still many things undone/unsaid/unshown. "
Elsi Pospori

Postby Merlin Amanda » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Elsi Like so many your story echoes the feelings of many. I think the thing none of us can accept is the cruel approach the writers took and the timing. They not only knew about the love of the fan but also how young some of the audience was and for me seeing my son watch in disbelief with tears rolling down his face was so hard to bear. I still hope in my heart they will rectify this and give us what we not only want but need. How can we say goodbye to Merlin when it ended so poorly. For instance Gaius telling Gwen that Arthur is in good hands and taking him to someone who can help we were led to believe right to the very end that Arthur would live. I still feel deep in my soul that we will see this ending I can't explain it it's just there. Lets keep the faith for Merlin's return
Merlin Amanda

Postby Elsi Pospori » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:02 pm

I absolutely agree with you my dear friend Amanda, indeed hope is always there though time seems to be our enemy here... I truly wish that we will have a different ending eventually !
Elsi Pospori

Postby Amberyl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:36 am

It has been a month and a half now and I still feel just as sad as ever. I ran into a woman a while back. She saw me printing some Merlin related items. She shared that she liked Merlin. I asked if she had watched all of it and she said yes, that she had watched live. I asked what she thought of the ending. She got choked up! She almost started to cry. Her response was finally, "You know, I didn't want to see it end." Then she told me in bitter tones that it would never come back (she could tell by my print outs that I was trying for that). I told her stubbornly, "I have to try."
As I walked out into the parking lot true fear began to fill my heart for the first time. Surely the sadness I had been feeling for the past couple of weeks was a passing phase? But this woman... it had been TWO YEARS for her! I remember thinking how I didn't want to feel this way in two years from now!
It has been a month since then. I cannot believe how sad I still am!
I have had no desire to watch anything. Not even my once favorite shows. Or read. Or write. Which were all beloved things for me once upon a time. I wrote fan fiction of Merlin for a time and that seemed to help. But now it is just painful. The same with reading the Merlin novels. I read the first and it really seemed to help. So I bought them all! But now they just fill me w pain. What is the point of reading them?
Last week I went on a mission to find a show similar to Merlin in hopes that would help. I compiled a list of 40 shows to check out. Got through about a 4th before finding Atlantis and Supernatural which both have similar friendship feels. It seemed to help watching them at first but eventually I realized it wasn't another show like Merlin that I needed. I just need closure w Merlin.
Tonight my friends and I decided we are going to start role playing scenes from Merlin in hopes that will help.
I fear if I ever do get over Merlin that I will then be terrified to ever watch it again for fear the pain might resurface. And that is just sad!
I still think the final episode was beautiful and powerful. It is why we feel such pain after all. At least it's why I do. But at this point I don't care if it has to be rewritten. I just want SOMETHING to happen so I can feel normal again!
So please let me know what I can do to help!
-Amberyl
Amberyl

Postby Amberyl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:44 am

However, I have written three different fan fictions so far that show ways that things could continue on as normal without having to rewrite the end. I will post them online on New Years day. I can't stay sad like this forever. I have to find a way to move on. If anyone has any tips I am all ears!
-Amberyl
Amberyl

PreviousNext

Return to Merlin's Ear ~ Tell Merlin's Ear how you felt when it ended