Younger and older Mordred
Mordred 06.png (386.08 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Delena14

Re: Mordred

Postby Delena14 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:41 am

Arise, Sir Mordred, knight of Camelot..png
Arise, Sir Mordred, knight of Camelot
Arise, Sir Mordred, knight of Camelot..png (518.08 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Arise, Sir Mordred, knight of Camelot. Ohh I love that smile! :)
Delena14

Postby Emrys » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:07 am

One of the things about the end of the BBC Merlin show was how Mordred was portrayed.

We all know historically he was a bad guy. Yet in this show, as with Morgana... the Creators (not Capps & Murphy but MIchie & Jones) created characters where they were not evil from the start. We watched Morgana's journey from caring ward to ruthless witch.

With Mordred, he was loyal to Arthur and then, all of a sudden, Arthur is made to act in a way which he would never have done during the rest of the series - i.e. execute Mordred's Love... of course Mordred will turn.

I'd like to go back to before the last two episodes so that part can be re-written too
!
young mordred.jpg
young mordred.jpg (9.44 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Love is all there Is
Emrys
Site Admin

Postby Gwen » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:17 am

agree with you Emrys, I liked young Mordred but the way things have happened later was not a logical nor acceptable. I'd rather he was the enemy from the beginning.
Love is the most powerful magic
Gwen

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:09 pm

I don't know... was Mordred historically the "bad guy"? In the first known mention of Mordred, in the Annales Cambriae (ca. 960-980) there is no indication of an evil Mordred, only that "Arthur and Mordred fell [at Camlann]". They could have been enemies, they also could have been fighting side by side. It was much later that Mordred became Arthur's enemy (like in Geoffrey of Monmouth's History of the Kings of Britain).
Mordred's turning to evil in the series is quite understandable, but was Arthur really to blame? Did he have another choice? Kare (Mordred's girlfriend) did after all try to murder Arthur, and she would try it again give the chance. So I think Arthur did what he had to do, even thought it may not have been an easy decision for him.
For the love of Camelot!
Tony

Postby Delena14 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:48 pm

5.jpg
5.jpg (63.63 KiB) Viewed 589 times

Mordred's fate
Delena14

Postby Merlin Amanda » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Like or Hate Mordred he played his part so well and Alex seems the most wonderful person so full of energy. Thanks for posting such lovely photos Delena14
Merlin Amanda

Return to Supporting Cast: ~ Richard, Anthony, Eoin, Rupert, Tom, Alex