When you return I will be here - BradleyColingirl

When you return I will be here - BradleyColingirl

Postby BradleyColingirl » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:28 am

This story begins at the end of season 5.
Previously in season 5
“No, the time for all this bloodshed is over.” Morgana turns, stands and faces him. “I blame myself for what you've become...but this has to end.” “I am a High Priestess. No mortal blade can kill me.” Merlin stabs her and she starts to feel the effect of the blade. Arthur looks on. “This is no mortal blade. Like yours, it was forged in a dragon's breath.” Merlin holds Morgana as she dies. He lowers her to the ground and withdraws the sword. “Goodbye, Morgana.” She takes her final breath. Merlin goes to Arthur and helps him up. “You've brought peace at last.” “Arthur.” Merlin supports Arthur as they walk. Arthur is dragging Excalibur. “Come on. We have to make it to the lake.” Arthur drops to the ground landing on Merlin. "Merlin...not without the horses. We can't, it's too late. It's too late.” “No.” “With all your magic, Merlin, and you can't save my life.” “I can. I'm not going to lose you.” Merlin struggles to stand to help Arthur. Arthur pats his hand. “Just, just hold me. Please.” Merlin stops trying to get up. “There's something I want to say..” “You're not going to say goodbye.”

“No, Merlin...Everything you've done. I know now. For me, for Camelot. For the kingdom you helped me build...” “You'd have done it without me.” “Maybe. I want to say...something I've never said to you before...” Arthur turns his head more and looks at Merlin. “Thank you.” Arthur reaches up and touches Merlin on the back of the head. His hand falls. “Arthur...No! Arthur!” He feels his pulse. “ Arthur! Arthur. Hey stay with me.” Merlin tries to move Arthur but can't. “Arthur! O dragon! E male so ftengometta tesd'hup'anankes!” Merlin manages to get out from underneath Arthur. He presses his forehead against Arthur's. Kilgharrah arrives. “Kilgharrah. I would not have summoned you, if there was any other choice. I have one last favour to ask.” Kilgharrah takes them to the lake. Merlin is dragging Arthur toward a small boat. “Merlin. There is nothing you can do.” “I've failed.”

“No, young warlock, for all that you have dreamt of building, has come to pass.” “I can't lose him! He's my friend!” “Though no man, no matter how great, can know his destiny, some lives have been foretold, Merlin...Arthur is not just a King-he is the Once and Future King. Take heart, for when Albion's need is greatest, Arthur will rise again. It has been a privilege to have known you, young warlock-the story we have been a part of will live long in the minds of men.” Kilgharrah flies off. Merlin watches. He then lowers Arthur to the ground. Merlin stares out over the lake, holding Excalibur. He looks down at the sword, and then raises it up in front of him looking at it. Merlin then throws Excalibur into the lake and it is caught by Freya's hand and drawn back under the water while he watches resignedly. Arthur is laid in a boat, his cloak arranged and his hands folded over his chest. Merlin places a hand on Arthur's forehead. Merlin breaks down. “Arthur. In sibbe gerest.” The boat sets off on the lake. Merlin watches, weeping. In the throne room of king’s palace.

Gwen sits on the throne, looking at the Royal Seal. Leon stands beside her. She lifts her head, looks at him and gives a slight nod. The knights, the council and the court members. Percival looks up.
“The King is dead.” Gaius and Gwen share a glance. Gwen looks back at Leon. “Long live the Queen!”
and then everyone who is in the room say: “Long live the Queen! Long live the Queen! Long live the Queen! Long live the Queen! Long live the Queen! Long live the Queen!” Gwen looks at everyone standing before her.

It is now two weeks ago when I lost Arthur. It is so hard to lose my best friend. That can’t be true. I fought so hard to protect him. I did so much for him. I failed my destiny. How can I ever go back to Camelot. I disappoint everyone. I had the save him and now he is death. I hear people talking about a knight who dies too. That can’t be happening. The knight is Gwaine. Why do I lose everyone. First Will then Freya, my father, Lancelot, Elyan, Gwaine and than Arthur. I have to bring Arthur back I can’t wait till he will rise again. My mother had right. I need him and he need me maybe Gaius will now a way so I have the go back to Camelot but I’m so scared. What if everyone hates me because I couldn’t safe their king. Come on Merlin you have the go back. If there is someone who can help than is it Gaius. I take all my courage for go back to Camelot. Today my journey for getting Arthur back from death starts now. That is what I learned about friendship.
Colin about Bradley: We have a strong band together
Bradley about Colin: "okay what's this guy about" and then I feel as though there's been a bit of a band
BradleyColingirl

Re: When you return I will be here - BradleyColingirl

Postby BradleyColingirl » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:41 pm

False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine but leaving us when we cross into the shade. A friend is the one who stays when the rest of the world walks away. A best friend is the person who will sleep close to you , encase you wake up in the middle of the night, crying because everything’s all wrong with life right now, but he is there to talk, to make things seem better again. Those times will never be forgotten. Friends are like stars, you can't always see them, but you know they're always there. Best friends just won't leave your side. It takes a lot of understanding, time, & trust to gain a close friendship with someone. I remind the first time we've met. I thought he was an arrogant ass. But I learned to know a different side of Arthur. Behind his arrogantly, he has a great heart and I’m proud to be serving him.

When I bring him back from death I will serve him with pleasure again. I start to love my job. Couple days later I arrive at Camelot and I know that this journey will be hard, difficult, sad and full of danger but I will not give up till I have Arthur back. No matter what the price is I will pay it gladly and with full of love. I walk to Gaius and when he see me, he give me an hug and I start crying because I missed him but also for Arthur. “Gaius I failed. I disappointed everyone. Arthur is death and that is my fault.” “Merlin, that is not true. You did everything what you could. Stop blaming yourself. Mordred killed Arthur not you.” “You don’t understand Gaius. I must protect him! I must save him and there I failed. Gaius you have to help me to get him back! Please!” The tears are rolling over my cheek. “I can’t handle his death. There have to be a way!” I fall on my knees. Gwen is running at me and she hugs me. “Merlin, stop blaming yourself. I know you did everything what you could.” “It was not enough but I promise I will bring him back.” “You can’t, he is death Merlin.” I stand up. “I can bring him back! I have magic! I will bring him back! I can’t lose him!” I run away. Gaius and Gwen screams: “Merlin !!” I ignore them and I run to the room of Arthur. Did they don’t understand! I remember his death like it was yesterday.

It was a cold and windy December day, when my friend sadly passed away. This was the day when Mordred with a sword, took away my friends life. I know I had to stop him. I know I had to kill him when I had the chance !!!! I will always blame me for the death of Arthur. There is this wound it hurts so bad. It always appears when I am sad. No matter what I do it won’t go away. It’s in my heart where I twill always stay. It appeared the day you left. I wake up thinking of you, I fall asleep thinking of you, I sometimes want to die with you. You were the light in the darkness. We miss you more then you could know. We miss your lovely smile, the way you used to make us laugh and make everything worth for living. I can’t stop crying. The tears keep rolling over my cheek. Then someone knock on my door. “Merlin, may I come in?” “Yes” I say that very quiet but he hears it because he enter my room. He comes sit next to me and hugs me. I cry in his arms. “I will help you Merlin to find a way to get Arthur back. If you think there is a way then we will find it.” I look up and look at him. I smile a little bit. “Thank you. “
Bradley about Colin: "okay what's this guy about" and then I feel as though there's been a bit of a band
BradleyColingirl

Postby BradleyColingirl » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:58 pm

“Are you alright Merlin?” “No, I can’t get it out of my head. How he died in my arms. He thanks me and accepted my magic.” “Merlin, everything come alright. Gaius smiles at me. There must be a way to bring him back. I’m glad Gaius want to help me. Dear Arthur don’t worry I will come get you. You will live again. I promise. If was it the last thing that I do. I will get you back my friend. “We will have a plan that will bring him back. I just don’t know how.” Gaius and Merlin keeps thinking how to bring Arthur to life. Hours past but still no answer. “don’t you have to be with a patient Gaius?” “Ow yes, you’re right. I’m already late”. A few minutes later Gaius arrives at his patient. He opens the door and sees the patient sitting with an angry look on his face. “You’re late, Gaius!” Gaius answers with a shy voice “I know’. Gaius starts removing the bandage from his arm when he started to talk about the kings death. “I miss Arthur, he was a loyal man filled with love, passion and respect for his people”. “ Yes, he was. I would bring him back if I could”. I want him back as a king.” Gaius smiles with the thought “Me too, but I will bring him back.” The patient continues his story “My son went away for a very long time. I didn’t had contact with him at any way. I missed him so much a brought up a plan to keep him here, which it worked, to my surprise.”

“What was that plan?” “You have to go to the lake of Avalon and then the sidhe fairies will help you.” “Thank you so much. My boy will be so happy.” Said Gaius happy. “Beware they will place him on the proof. They only people with a pure heart and he have to proof that it’s a good thing for bringing Arthur back.” Said the patient. “That would be no problem” Gaius goes to Merlin. Merlin still crying on his bed. Gaius go sit next to Merlin and lay his hand on his shoulder. “Merlin I have good news.” “Do it goes about Arthur?” “Yes, I know how you can bring him back.” “Really? This is so amazing. How?” “You have to go to the lake of Avalon and then the Sidhe fairies will help you. The only thing that you have to do is proving that you have a pure heart and that it’s a good thing for bringing Arthur back.” “That is no problem. I will convince them.” Merlin start packing. After Merlin packed everything he go to Gwen, Percival and Leon. Merlin told them that Gaius found a solution for bringing Arthur back. Gwen is really happy. “We will guide you Merlin.” Said Percival. “We will go together.” Said Leon. “Thank you.” Said Merlin happy. “I promise you Gwen. The next time I will be back in Camelot, will with Arthur.” “Thank you so much Merlin.” After a hour, the horses were ready. Then Merlin, Percival and Leon leaving Camelot. After a while. They hear a noise. Percival and Leon pull their swords. There come someone behind the trees. They all shocked when they see who it is.
BradleyColingirl

Postby BradleyColingirl » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:51 pm

“Gwaine?” say they together. “ I thought you were death.” Said Merlin. “It seems not. Probably I was fainted from the pain. I felt that I stopped breathing but then I waked up and I saw no one was there. So I searched my way to Camelot till now.” Gwaine almost felt on the ground but Merlin catch him up. “Gwaine !!!!” scream they all. “I still have a lot of pain.” Percival and Leon look to Merlin. “Can you heal him Merlin?” asks Percival. Gwaine don’t understand. He knows that he going to die . How can Merlin save him? “He cannot Percival. I’m going to die.” Gwaine start crying and then Percival, Merlin and Leon too. “I can heal you because I have magic.” Merlin cries more. Everyone look a little scared. “Please don’t be afraid. I will heal him because I will not lose another friend. You know me. I’m still the same.” Gwaine felt away. “Please let me cure him.” “Okay I trust you. You had many time to try to kill us if you wanted but you didn’t and now I understand how we survived when we didn’t knew how we survived. Thank you Merlin.” Merlin using a spell “Thu fornimst ad fram guman!” Gwaine hugs Merlin. “Thank you so much. I know you would never hurts us.” Then they all hug Merlin. “What are you doing here in the forest?” ask Gwaine. “Arthur died.” Merlin get tears in his eyes again. Gwaine lay a hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry.” “We will bring him back.” Said Percival. “How?” ask Gwaine. Merlin tell Gwaine what Gaius told him. “Then let’s save our king.” Said Gwaine. Merlin smiles. “You are great guys.” They all smiles. “Let make our camp here. Over a hour of two it will be dark. I will search fire wood.” Said Leon. “I will make the food.” Said Merlin. “We will take the watch.” Said Gwaine and Percival. After a hour they made a fire and food. After they ate. They tell stories about Arthur. Then they go to sleep. “Goodnight.” Said everyone. The next day we continue our quest. Arthur my dear friend. I will bring you back to me. For you know, we will reunite with each other. I will convince the Sidhe fairies that it’s a good thing to bring you back. I will see you soon my best friend. Suddenly Merlin hears Arthur’s voice. “I believe in you. I always did.” Merlin is in shock. Where did that coming from. Did I really hear this or was it just my imagine. Then Merlin hear Arthur’s voice again. “Hurry Merlin. You don’t have so much time. Please don’t be late.” Arthur!!!! I’m coming. Don’t give up. I’m on my way. I promise I will be on time this time. Hold on. Then Merlin hear nothing anymore. What would Arthur mean with that I don’t have so much time?
Merlin was deep in thought and suddenly he sees' Arthur. A fierce light is shining on him. “Merlin help me.” The knights were yelling Merlin’s name but Merlin didn’t hear. “Follow me I will guide you to the place you can find the Sidhe fairies.” Then Arthur disappeared. “Arthur wait !! “ “Merlin?” asking the knights. Merlin looked up in such a fright the knights had never seen from him before. “Arthur is dead. Merlin what is wrong?” Asked Gwaine worried. “Didn’t you see him? Arthur was here. He was.. He said that I have to follow him. He will guide us.” The knights looked really worried at Merlin. They didn’t understand what he was talking about? “We didn’t see anything. Merlin are you ok?” asked Percival. “I feel fine. Come on guys we don’t have much time anymore.”

Merlin jumps on his horse and rides away. The knights follow Merlin. Arthur appears again and the knights still cannot see him. Merlin wants to tell them that he sees Arthur again but Arthur stop him. “Merlin they cannot see me.” “Why not? I can see you!” “I’m a ghost Merlin. I’m still dead. You have great powers and that is why you can see me but don’t fear. When you arrive then they will see me too because there is powerful magic.” Arthur disappeared again. Merlin whispered: “Arthur please come back. Don’t leave me again.” Arthur appears again. “I will never leave you alone merlin but I’m not strong enough to stay the whole time. I can just guide you the way. Follow me….. follow me “ The words keep repeating but Arthur has gone from sight again.
BradleyColingirl

Postby BradleyColingirl » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:00 pm

“I’m following you Arthur. I’m coming.” A few hours later they arrived at the place where the Sidhe fairies are. The place is not far from the Lake of Avalon. The knights were shocked to see the ghost of Arthur. “Arthur!” said Merlin glad. Arthur smiles but Merlin can see that Arthur is fading away. Merlin get tears in his eyes. “You will not fail again Merlin.” Said Arthur. “What do you want?” ask the Sidhe fairies. “Please bring my best friend back.” Ask Merlin sadly. “Give us a good reason why we would do that?” replied the Sidhe.

“Because he is a good person. He is the best king of Camelot. Without him Camelot is nothing. His people needs him. He is destined to unite the land of Albion. But mostly because I need him. I cannot lose him. I’ve lost so much trying to protect him and to save him. Please return my best friend to me. I’m begging you.” The sidhe fairies where touched by his words. “Only your love and your powerful magic can bring him back. You need a powerful spell to bring him back and we will give you that.” “Thank you so much.” After Merlin received the spell, he used it to bring Arthur back but nothing happened. Merlin fell to his knees and started crying. “I was too late again. I failed again.” The tears are rolling down his cheeks. Suddenly he hears his name. Merlin look up and he start crying harder. He cannot believe it.
BradleyColingirl

Postby BradleyColingirl » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:05 am

I look up and see Arthur standing above me. “You did it Merlin.” Merlin started laughing and crying the same time. They hug each other. Then Arthur hugged his knights too. Suddenly Merlin fell to the ground. “Merlin!!!!” Arthur runs to him. He lay Merlin’s head on his shoulder. He started yelling “Someone help me!!!!” The sidhe fairies came to them. “Merlin is dying. That was the risk for using the spell.” “No!! He cannot die. Please don’t let him die.” Arthur cries louder. “There is only one way to save him and that is to travel to the highest mountain and find the rainbow flower. If he eats that flower, he will be cured.” Said the sidhe fairies. “How many days do we have before….before…he dies?” Arthur asked.

“You have 6 days.” Said the sidhe fairies. “Please take good care of my best friend.” Said Arthur. “We will, he is a good man.” “Thank you.” He goes to Merlin. “I will save you my friend. I promise. I will not let you down.” Arthur kissed Merlin’s forehead. Merlin give a weak smile, then Arthur left with his knights. They are very quiet and sad for what happened. After four hours they stopped. “Why do you stop guys?” Asked Arthur. “It will become dark soon so let’s make camp here.” Said Leon. “No!! We have to continue! We cannot stop!! We have only 6 days to save Merlin.” Said Arthur in panic.

“We will make it in time Arthur. We promise but we cannot ride in the darkness that's pure madness, plus we must rest the horses.” Said Percival laying his hand on Arthur’s shoulder. With tears in his eyes Arthur said “I cannot lose him Percival. He is my best friend.” “You will not lose him. Merlin is strong.” Arthur gives a weak smile. After two hours they are all asleep except Arthur. He looks to the stars and thinks about Merlin. “I’m so sorry Merlin. You were always there for me and I didn't treat you right but I always loved you my friend. I promise that I will treat you better but please fight Merlin. Don’t die. I cannot handle that. You mean so much to me Merlin.” Arthur cries harder. He cannot stop crying. He's missing his friend so much and he is so scared that he will not be on time to save Merlin.
BradleyColingirl

Postby BradleyColingirl » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:35 pm

We only have 5 days to save Merlin. When dawn breaks Arthur awakens the knights. “Come we have to leave.” While riding they are attacked by a bear. Arthur fights for his life. The knights are really worried about Arthur he doesn’t sleep and eat anymore but they are scared to tell him because he is so touchy. A day later they arrive at the highest mountain range. Arthur looks at it. “This will take days before we reach the top. We will never get there on time.” “Come one let's get going and before we know it, we will be at the top.” Said Percival.

They start climbing the mountain. Suddenly Arthur hears a scream. “Who was that?” ask Arthur. “It’s Gwaine, he fell!” said Percival. “We have to save him!” said Arthur. “Hurry guys I cannot hold on anymore!” said Gwaine. “Arthur continue to the top we will save Gwaine” said Leon. Arthur continues climbing. After 4 hours he reaches the top and then he sees it. “The Rainbow flower.” Arthur whispers.
He plucks it and then returns back down. When he is back down he finds Gwaine is safe “Gwaine you are well?. He asks. “Yes I'm well” “That is good. Now we have to hurry. We have only two days to ride back.”

Two days later they arrive back. Arthur runs to Merlin. He gives Merlin the Rainbow flower. The sidhe fairies use their magic to let it work. Arthur holds Merlin in his arms. “I’m here like I promised. You will be better soon.” Merlin smiles. “I never doubted it.” Suddenly Merlin stop breathing.

“Merlin? Merlin!! Merlin wake up!! No!! That cannot be true!! Merlin!! What is wrong? He felt better.” Arthur starts crying. The sidhe fairies doesn't understand it. “We don’t know. Normally it would work.” “I was on time. I don’t get it. He must be cured!!” Arthur cannot stop crying. “Merlin please wake up. You cannot do this to me. You are my best friend and I cannot lose you. Please wake up!” Arthur cries harder. His crying was harrowing. The other knights were crying too. The tears of Arthur fell on Merlin's face. “Come back my friend. Please come back.”
BradleyColingirl

Postby Emrys » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:32 am

What a lovely story ! I can feel your heart energy in this story coming through. I really applaud you for writing in English even when this is not your mother tongue... it doesn't matter, the energy and the story and love are wonderful. Now I'm wondering what happened and why the rainbow flower didn't work! :?
Love is all there Is
Emrys
Site Admin

Postby Merlin Amanda » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 am

Beautiful Story my love I very much enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to more
Merlin Amanda

Postby Amberyl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:58 pm

I agree that I can feel the love coming from your story. I think that is one of the reasons why we all love the show so much is because of Arthur and Merlin's deep love for one another. I can also feel how much you love the show in your words. You should keep writing! In fanfictions I personally always love to see what becomes of their relationship once Arthur is alive and well and things have returned to normal, with the main change being that now Merlin can use magic openly.
-Amberyl
Amberyl

Next

Return to The Merlin Scribe ~ Original stories, poems, Merlin Continues!