Crystals ~ Druids~ Magic ~ Sacred

Crystals ~ Druids~ Magic ~ Sacred

Postby Emrys » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:26 am

I believe that Merlin touched so many people around the world because it was full of honor, integrity, truth, joy, love.

This section is for those of us who love the Spirituality in Merlin. the many references to "The olde Religion" , the Crystals, the Druids, the Earth.

I loved so many scenes, so many episodes. But my all time favorite scenes are both about spirituality in Merlin. First is when Arthur & Merlin are going back to visit The Disir. They approach the place around the Cave and Merlin says “this is a Sacred place”.

Later as Arthur and Merlin pass the night in the forest before Arthur gives his decision to The Disir, Arthur asks Merlin “how did you know this place was Sacred?”

Merlin “well, it’s obvious” Arthur “pretend it isn’t”

Merlin: “Everything here is so full of life, every tree, every leaf, every insect, it’s as if the world is vibrating, as if everything is much more than itself…..” (wow Merlin, so utterly Spiritual!)
Puzzlewood 3.jpg
Puzzlewood 3.jpg (351 KiB) Viewed 546 times

And not just Spiritual, more & more people are now seeing the truth that all things “vibrate” at a frequency and that this is what gives them form. Mother Earth and all her plants, trees, leaves vibrate at a very high frequency.

Arthur: “you feel all that? ” Merlin : “don’t you?”

The references in this episode to the Sacred Spring, grove of Ewe trees, the pool where The Disir “divine” , hallowed ground, Sacred relics all implying that it is important to respect others Spirituality.

The second is in The Crystal Cave... where Balinor says to his son:

"Merlin, you are more than a son of your Father. You are son of the Earth, the Sea, the Sky, Magic is the fabric of this world, and you were born of that Magic. You are Magic itself. You cannot lose what you are".
Crystal Cave Balinor & Merlin.jpg
Crystal Cave Balinor & Merlin.jpg (144.42 KiB) Viewed 545 times

Merlin: "But how do I find myself...again?"

Balinor: "Believe, Merlin. Believe what your heart knows to be true. That you have always been, and always will be"

Merlin: "Always will be".

Balinor: "Rest now. Rest my son. And soon you shall awaken into the Light".
Crystal of Neahtidsm.jpg
Crystal of Neahtidsm.jpg (18.17 KiB) Viewed 545 times

Merlin ~ a show that had the courage to show "the Olde Religion" . Thank you.

Here is an article I wrote originally a month after the show ended on the More Merlin Blog:

http://www.merlin-arthur.com/merlin-spirituality-not-just-magic-but-spiritual-truths/
Love is all there Is
Emrys
Site Admin

Re: Crystals ~ Druids~ Magic ~ Sacred

Postby aimeeevenstar » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 pm

So happy to see this here! Yes, I also loved the spiritual aspect in the series. I loved the way the Druids were portrayed - they were shown to be gentle people for the most part. They were shown to be people who lived simply, knew magic but only used it for good. Yes there was that one episode with the guy who used Morgana to get the crystal... but he was very much in the minority.

I really loved it when Alator acts for Merlin against Morgana in the caves - so incredible! My favorite Druid scene is when that silly Borden is trying to get the Dragon's egg and he goes to the Druid's place in the woods to steal the second part of the Treskallion. He thinks he has snuck in .. and turns around to see them all just standing quietly looking at them. They just tell him.. take it. They offer no struggle.

I'm so glad that the series portrayed Druids in a good way. Another reason to want more Merlin!
Druids smaller.jpg
Druids smaller.jpg (68.59 KiB) Viewed 529 times
aimeeevenstar

Postby lgammert » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:18 pm

I enjoyed that
lgammert

Postby Cindibravo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:17 pm

This was one of my favorite aspects of the show, the positive representation of "the olde religion" & the Druids.
Cindibravo

Return to The Olde Religion ~ Spirituality in Merlin