Colin mentions more Merlin in "Fall" Interview!

Colin mentions more Merlin in "Fall" Interview!

Postby Emrys » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:42 am

One of our More Merlin members, Lynnie, just pointed this out to me. There's an interview Colin gave for TV Week magazine, which I'm sure most of you have seen as it's been going the rounds. The interviewer had obviously asked him about doing different parts and had written "For Colin it was a good chance to show a different side of him to the one most viewers are used to."
Colin The Fall 2.jpg
Colin The Fall 2.jpg (139.46 KiB) Viewed 722 times

BUT THEN, Colin said "Unless I end up doing more Merlin, I won't be playing a character like that again" he says. He also said "And being a boy from Belfast, it's fantastic to be home again. Plus I know some of the cast, John Lynch (Jim Burns) co-starred as my Father in Merlin."

Balinor & Merlin.jpg
Balinor & Merlin.jpg (6.54 KiB) Viewed 722 times
John Lynch in The Fall.jpg
John Lynch in The Fall.jpg (72.15 KiB) Viewed 721 times

This is an affirmation that Colin is open to doing Merlin again. We do already know this, but it's great to have this affirmation in print. The reason this is so relevant is that there are often comments out on Twitter or Facebook or elsewhere with fans citing "there won't be more Merlin, the actors have moved on" . From the very start after the show ended I said 'no!" Actors are always open to doing more of something if a/ the script is good and b/ the timing is right and c/ the money is right. As someone who has been around a lot of actors, that's just how it is! So take heart Merlin lovers, there will be more. I have a feeling it's not that far away now.

Colin also says " I had just heard I go the part and I was walking down the street in London when I saw two policemen coming towards me so I stopped them and asked them of if they could give me any advice. I thought "this is meant to be". One of the officers told me they sometimes had actors riding with them.

For me, this shows just how quietly Spiritual Colin is. He believes in syncrhonicity, signs and I would wager a guess. a little more. I would love to talk to him about that.

"The Fall" Episode 4 is on BBC 2 this Thursday Dec 4th at 9pm. The image below does contain the full article but you have to click to get it in full.

THe Magic Touch .jpg
THe Magic Touch .jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 722 times

Love is all there Is
Emrys
Site Admin

Re: Colin mentions more Merlin in "Fall" Interview!

Postby aimeeevenstar » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm so happy to see this! It really does sound as though Colin is up to do more Merlin..... that's great because I'm definitely up for watching some more Merlin! I am also looking forward to seeing him in The Fall!. I'll probably be joining Amanda for the Merlin Marathon too!
aimeeevenstar

Re: Colin mentions more Merlin in "Fall" Interview!

Postby Amberyl » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:27 am

This is good to hear. :)
-Amberyl
Amberyl

Return to Merlin ~ Colin Morgan